Worship on Wheels
Let WORSHIP take you for the ride of a lifetime!
St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church
“Worship on Wheels” Purpose Statement
Big Picture: According to Governor Dewine, St. Luke is currently considered a people and place of “essential business.” In light of this, we have a heightened sense of obligation to find creative but appropriate ways to be of service to both our members and the community-at-large during this unprecedented time of uncertainty and lockdown. So long as we are permitted to keep our physical doors open, we shall remain committed to using our campus to provide spiritual and practical services to the community as we are able.
What is Worship on Wheels? Worship on Wheels is a drive-in worship service which takes place on the parking lot of our campus. It is designed for our members and all persons who are looking for emotional relief and spiritual sustenance during this global pandemic.
Benefit: This allows people to have an opportunity to leave their homes for an hour or so without putting themselves and others at risk. Furthermore, it allows us to fulfill our mission in this most challenging time. It also justifies and re-solidifies our status as an essential entity to society. It increases our visibility and reach as a people and place of help, healing and hope. Not for our name’s sake, but for our Lords name’s sake.
- Service will take place on the south side of the campus which faces Dollar General & the Fire Department.
- Attendees will be encouraged to arrive at 10:15 a.m. so as to be set in place when service begins promptly at 10:45 a.m.
- The service will be broadcast live on WDAO Radio Station (1210 AM & 102.3 FM) between 10:45 a. m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Men of St. Luke will be available with gloves to hold offering containers for people who want to give at the appropriate time.
- Persons will be granted entry into the building only upon emergencies.
- The persons leading the service, namely the pastor and band will also practice social distancing.
- The service will approximately last for one hour.
- Security/Police presence will be provided to help ensure everyone’s safety.
- Our offices remain open from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday; 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Fridays. You may call during those hours with any questions or concerns you may have at 937 279 9322.
Prepared by Pastor Allen 3/22/2020